We’re Hiring – Director, Media Insights & Analytics
Slingwave is seeking a Director, Media Insights & Analytics to ensure customer success with our Marketing Attribution suite of capabilities. They will have ultimate responsibility for ensuring Customers are receiving, internalizing, and able to capitalize on insights on media performance and optimization opportunities generated by Slingwave’s analytics platform.
As part of their day-to-day responsibilities, the Director will deliver insights leveraging Slingwave’s Agile Marketing Attribution and Predictive Marketing Mix capabilities to internal partner teams working with a portfolio of top marketers and brands, as well as with those brands directly. In preparation for weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly customer meetings, they will ensure all Agile Marketing Attribution and Predictive Marketing Mix deliverables are customer ready, with a focus on the insights they are providing to customers.
The Director will be a well accomplished cross-functional internal partner to other teams, including the Director of Account Management and Media Operations, and the Data & Analytics team, helping bring the best out of teams to maximize campaign results and run media more effectively. Leveraging Slingwave’s platform, they will help generate impactful insights from the models for Slingwave customers.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead Insights Delivery— The Director should be a data storyteller / explainer, able to build and finalize Customer-facing Insights deliverables while demonstrating a high level of attention to detail, quality of work and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Drive Adoption / increase engagement with the Slingwave platform — The Director should have a keen eye for identifying opportunities for Slingwave’s customers to derive greater media insights by leveraging additional components of the Slingwave analytics platform and be well versed at building programs to increase adoption as the platform evolves and grows.
- Train Customers — The Director will partner with the Director of Account Management and Media Operations on efforts to train current and prospective Customers on Slingwave’s technology and models, presenting regularly to professionals in functions ranging from marketing to finance to data engineering.
- Facilitate Analytics Customer Intake — The Director will leverage their experience onboarding Customers to SaaS-type analytics or other software packages to serve as the “tip of the spear” for the analytics Customer intake process. With Slingwave specifically, the successful candidate would serve to align on expectations around what data can and will be analyzed. The Director will be the highest point of escalation to ensure Customer and Slingwave’s Analytics and Data Architecture team’s expectations are aligned and in terms of approaches to secure (e.g., via APIs), structure, and analyze data.
The position can be based in any U.S. location, so long as the Director is available to work with their team and Customer base across time zones. Compensation will be determined by the experience level of the successful candidate and is expected to include both cash and equity.
Successful Candidate Characteristics:
- Career and Education Experience
- 12+ total years of career experience
- Director level or above experience as Media Insights or Media Analytics lead at a Media Agency or SaaS Marketing Platform
- Experience in a Customer-facing role addressing $5M-$100M+ annual media budgets. Ecommerce, B2B, and D2C analytic experience a strong plus.
- Operator-level experience with Google Data Studio, Tableau, Sisense, DOMO, PowerBI or other major BI platform, ability to create their own complex deliverables with these platforms
- Data analytics design experience and mindset, e.g. presenting clean, well designed insights reports for Customers
Ability to articulate statistical models/testing results in language that marketers can digestBachelor’s degree required
- MBA and/or BS in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, or Data Science are strong plusses
- Finds stories in the data and asks the right questions to produce game-changing insights that generate impact
- Highly conversant in best-practices for campaign reporting, including visualization tools such as Google Data Studio, Tableau, Sisense and others.
- While not a data scientist or analyst per se, able to roll-up their sleeves and get into the “guts” of a report if needed
- Understands the ins-and-outs of A/B and other structured testing and the calculation of campaign metrics / KPIs including incremental ROAS or CAC, along with more traditional campaign metrics (e.g., CVR, reach and frequency, etc.)
- Articulates creative strategy and creative recommendations based on data-driven insights
- Comfortable operating in a rapidly changing environment
- Able to juggle competing priorities and Customer demands
- Able to wear many hats, both internally-facing and externally-facing, both strategic and operational
- Demonstrated success in project management; experience with major project management software / ticketing systems a plus
Our Core Values
- Focus on the best outcomes for our customers.
- Be agile and bold, with a bias towards action.
- Dive deep and make data-driven decisions that deliver superior results.
- Be transparent in all facets of how we operate.
- Build a positive, fun, respectful, diverse, and inclusive culture.
Based in Los Angeles, Slingwave is a marketing technology platform providing Customers real-time attribution, media mix modeling, and media execution through proprietary software and data capabilities. Our suite of products and services focuses on improving marketing effectiveness and includes Agile Marketing Attribution, Predictive Marketing Mix, and Data-driven Media Execution. We deliver visual, actionable, and powerful insights through data automation and visualization technology, allowing organizations to execute more effective digital media campaigns and maximize their investments in marketing.
We are a team of industry experts with a passion for driving business results and delivering new insights. The Company was founded in 2017 and achieved profitability shortly after its inception. Our founder, Paul Boruta, has extensive experience in digital advertising, spending part of his early career as a product and business manager for Ad Products at Yahoo!, before founding his first campaign optimization platform: Pipewave, which he sold to Zefr, where he led Ad Products prior to founding Slingwave. Other members of the senior executive team are also ad industry veterans, including the former Global Head of Entertainment Strategy for Facebook. We have built a culture of innovation, collaboration, and learning; continuously pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in an ever changing digital media landscape.
Paul Boruta, CEO, email@example.com
Jim Underwood, BD, Strategy, Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org