Director, Account Management and Media Ops
Based in Los Angeles, Slingwave is a marketing technology platform providing clients real-time attribution, media mix modeling, and media execution through proprietary software, data capabilities, and an expert team of media buyers. Our suite of products and services focuses on improving marketing effectiveness and includes Agile Marketing Attribution, Predictive Marketing Mix, and Data-driven Media Execution. We deliver visual, actionable, and powerful insights through data automation and visualization technology, allowing organizations to execute more effective digital media campaigns and maximize their investments in marketing.
We are a team of industry experts with a passion for driving business results and delivering new insights. The Company was founded in 2017 and achieved profitability shortly after its inception. Our founder, Paul Boruta, has extensive experience in digital advertising, spending part of his early career as a product and business manager for Ad Products at Yahoo!, before founding his first campaign optimization platform: Pipewave, which he sold to Zefr, where he led Ad Products prior to founding Slingwave. Other members of the senior executive team are also ad industry veterans, including the former Global Head of Entertainment Strategy for Facebook. We have built a culture of innovation, collaboration, and learning; continuously pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in an ever changing digital media landscape.
Slingwave is seeking a Director, Account Management and Media Ops to oversee a growing team and manage increasing demand for customer-facing deliverables, including media strategy and planning, campaign management and execution, and always-on attribution modeling and insights. With the objective of growing and strengthening our partnerships, they will have ultimate responsibility for ensuring client satisfaction with the services Slingwave provides.
As part of their day-to-day responsibilities, the Director will be directly involved with a portfolio of top marketers and brands, serving as clients’ senior point of contact for their most challenging questions. Often through a weekly or bi-weekly meeting, they will work directly with CMOs, Heads of Marketing, Digital Directors and their organizations to manage budgets, build strategy around optimal channel allocation, implement testing, learning, and optimization plans, and deliver insights leveraging Slingwave’s suite of Agile Marketing Attribution and Predictive Marketing Mix capabilities.
In addition to direct involvement with clients, the Director will oversee the Company’s team of account managers and analysts to ensure the success of Data-Driven Media Execution capabilities. Slingwave has assembled a team of experienced account managers that structure, execute, and optimize media campaigns across digital platforms including Google Ads/YouTube, Facebook+Instagram, Microsoft/Bing, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Snapchat, TikTok, DV360, Amazon DSP, and other emerging Digital and CTV platforms. Demand for these services continues to grow rapidly, particularly as marketers migrate their advertising dollars from traditional to digital channels and seek data-driven partners to help them optimize campaign performance.
The Director will be a well accomplished coach, helping bring the best out of teams to maximize campaign results and run media more effectively. As the organization executes media campaigns, the Director will build out processes and structure to ensure the team configures and implements campaigns as planned against clients’ budgets, pacing, targeting, and creative requirements. Leveraging Slingwave’s platform, they will lead client-facing Insights efforts, working with internal teams to deliver impactful always-on analytics and insights from campaign performance.
As a sought after manager, the Director will have the ability to shape and hire the org, as well as provide career path opportunities for junior employees. As an agile, growing team in a startup mindset, the Director should be great at project management and task delegation, but also willing and able to roll up their sleeves themselves to help on campaign implementation, training by example as the team scales.
On the Product / Platform front, the Director will lead efforts to train current and prospective clients on Slingwave’s technology and models, presenting regularly to professionals in functions ranging from marketing to finance to data engineering. Depending on performance and interest, this role has significant growth potential within the company to also evolve to include elements of SaaS Customer Success management, including serving as a main point for customer requirements and feature requests to Slingwave’s internal Product and Engineering teams, and building programs to increase adoption as the platform evolves and grows.
The position can be based in any U.S. location, so long as the Director is available to work with their team and client base across time zones. Compensation will be determined by the experience level of the successful candidate and is expected to include both cash and equity.
Player / Coach
- A dynamic, self-aware and humble leader whose track record buys immediate credibility
- Able to serve as a “coach,” the leader and senior-most member of the Customer Success / Account Management and Media Ops Team, setting priorities for mid-level and junior staff, monitoring their progress, and helping them course-correct as needed
- Able to serve as a “player,” directly interacting with clients, providing a senior / strategic lens on the clients’ overall marketing strategy, and serving as the “go-to” when clients have tough questions. Establishing trust and demonstrating a high-degree of knowledge about each client’s specific campaigns. Takes a high degree of personal responsibility for ensuring flawless execution of all client campaigns. Able to occasionally “put fingers to the keyboard” if/when their team is in a crunch period or needs guidance on more advanced account or campaign set-up
- Comfortable operating in a rapidly changing environment
- Able to juggle competing priorities and client demands
- Able to wear many hats, both internally-facing and externally-facing, both strategic and operational
- Demonstrated success in project management; experience with major project management software / ticketing systems a plus
- Finds stories in the data and asks the right questions to produce game-changing insights that generate impact
- Highly conversant in best-practices for campaign reporting, including visualization tools such as Google Data Studio, Tableau, Sisense and others.
- While not a data scientist or analyst per se, able to roll-up their sleeves and get into the “guts” of a report if needed
- Understands the ins-and-outs of A/B and other structured testing and the calculation of campaign metrics / KPIs including incremental ROAS or CAC, along with more traditional campaign metrics (e.g., CVR, reach and frequency, etc.)
- Articulates creative strategy and creative recommendations based on data-driven insights
Career and Education Experience
- 12+ total years of career experience
- Director level or above experience executing advertising campaigns with a significant digital component either on the media team of an advertising agency or as the in-house marketing lead at an operating company
- Well-versed in digital advertising and campaign set up, including Google Search and Shopping, YouTube, Facebook+Instagram, Microsoft/Bing, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Snapchat, TikTok, Twitter, DV360, Amazon DSP, and other emerging Digital / CTV platforms.
- Experience in a client-facing role managing $5M-$10M+ annual media budgets
- Experience overseeing teams of at least ten mid and junior-level resources
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus
- Focus on the best outcomes for our customers.
- Be agile and bold, with a bias towards action.
- Dive deep and make data-driven decisions that deliver superior results.
- Be transparent in all facets of how we operate.
- Build a positive, fun, respectful, diverse, and inclusive culture.