We’re Hiring – Bayesian Modeling Intern Winter / Spring 2024
Slingwave is seeking an intern for winter/spring 2024 who is currently pursuing a PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field. The intern will utilize Slingwave’s Bayesian Predictive Mix Model (PMM) to optimally allocate our clients’ marketing budgets.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Modeling: create models to predict customer revenue and/or conversions utilizing s-curve, a.k.a. Hill Function, transformations on independent variables, e.g. marketing spend
- Optimization: develop R (or potentially Python) code to optimally allocate a budget across a series of s-curves to maximize total sales
- Visualizations/Front-end development: develop graphical representations of optimization for use in a R Shiny dashboard
The role provides visibility into a real-world application of Bayesian time series modeling, along with its associated R and Stan code, and gives interns a chance to meaningfully enhance a product that clients use to maximize the effectiveness of their marketing budgets. This internship position can be based in any U.S. location, so long as the Intern is available to work with their team and Customer base across time zones.
Our Core Values
- Focus on the best outcomes for our customers.
- Be agile and bold, with a bias towards action.
- Dive deep and make data-driven decisions that deliver superior results.
- Be transparent in all facets of how we operate.
- Build a positive, fun, respectful, diverse, and inclusive culture.
Slingwave is a marketing technology platform providing customers real-time attribution, media mix modeling, and media execution through proprietary software and data capabilities. Our suite of products and services focuses on improving marketing effectiveness and includes Agile Marketing Attribution, Predictive Marketing Mix, and Data-driven Media Execution. We deliver visual, actionable, and powerful insights through data automation and visualization technology, allowing organizations to execute more effective digital media campaigns and maximize their investments in marketing.
We are a team of industry experts with a passion for driving business results and delivering new insights. The Company was founded in 2017 and achieved profitability shortly after its inception. Our founder, Paul Boruta, has extensive experience in digital advertising, spending part of his early career as a product and business manager for Ad Products at Yahoo!, before founding his first campaign optimization platform: Pipewave, which he sold to Zefr, where he led Ad Products prior to founding Slingwave. Other members of the senior executive team are also ad industry veterans from Facebook, Vayner Media, Cloudflare, Intuit, WPP/ Neo Media World, and others. We have built a culture of innovation, collaboration, and learning; continuously pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in an ever changing digital media landscape.
Slingwave has offices in Minneapolis, Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, New Jersey, Atlanta, New Orleans, and other remote locations in the U.S. and globally.
Slingwave Recruiting, firstname.lastname@example.org